18 replies
Poltradise o
Poltradise @ SMP2
Voted
Gold
Redstone
Lapis
Iron
Hello, I've just noticed that /warp grinder on the duck smp server was changed, I feel like this is wrong.
Most people donated to the old warp grinder to make it bigger and better for the community, many people were fond of the old one and loved it, as it was a part of the server. Now the warp has been moved and we feel that it's an unfair move. On behalf of many of the SMP2 players, we'd rather it be changed back, thanks!
Keep new /warp grinder
5 votes
31.3%
Go back to old /warp grinder
11 votes
68.8%
Number of voters: 16
Posted Jan 11, 19 · OP
List
Undo
Mefaloo Bedrock
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Bedrock
Obsidian
Emerald
Diamond
Hello Poltradise

I am glad you took your time to make this post and you are correct in what you're saying, I've only heard people saying they want BananaDaniels grinder back. However that's not my main issue with this. I'll go over some complains I have about this change.

1. Lets start off very simple, however I personally prefer the look of the new /warp grinder, it's noticeably less efficient due to a lack of spawners compared to the previous one on most if not all grinders available.

2. Why, again, was this change not discussed by the people who 'suffer' from it before it was made? It's not as if talking to people before you change things is hard. And as you haven't done this you're not seeing a lot of people complain about the change. Here are some screenshots of users being mad with the new system:
Spoiler: ScreenshotsShow

3. Some of you might not but I remember a lot of staff saying that there are no new warps being set as they give an advantage to the players who have a warp on their claim as they can profit from it in some way or another.

4. I've heard one complain about a guy who used /warp grinder because he had a house close to it and only had 1 sethome, as the warp has been changed/deleted without warning or discussion they now have no way to get to their home without someone tpaing them there for them.

5. Why not, if you're changing the warps anyway, just add a new warp named /warp newgrinder or naming BananaDaniels grinder /warp oldgrinder instead of disrespecting BananaDaniels name by giving some newer player with less spawners his warp that he worked so hard for (seemingly because they are staff but not making anymore wild assumptions about that).

This is all I had to say, thanks for the last one to NortherLights thinking of the other warp idea. I hope this gets resolved in one way or another, no disrespect to Daresiel's grinder in any way, just pointing out why this is wrong.

Regards
~Mefaloo
Signature machine broke.
Contact me on discord: Mefaloo#6987
Posted Jan 11, 19 · Last edited Jan 11, 19 by Mefaloo
List
Undo
NortherLights Bedrock
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Voted
Bedrock
Obsidian
Emerald
Diamond
Gold
yeah i do agree with u meff i mean i see good things about both less lag and slime grinder at the new one but its slower the old one was alot faster and had better designed grinders but more lag. and i do agree they should have had /warp oldgrinder and /warp oldgrinder or something along those lines. perhaps if they actually talked to the ppl who play there everyday and heard what we thought about it before just changing it then ppl wont b upset now. i mean its a change that affects everyone that plays there. i am one of the lucky ones that does have a /sethome at the old one. i will tp as many as i can but i cant b online all the time to tp ppl there. i do like the idea of having a slime grinder for ppl. but i go to /warp grinder alot to help and it takes forever to get enough mobs built up now for me to actually help. honestly i would just tp them to my own grinders but have had issues with doing that for ppl before and kinda dont like to do that. but hopefully we can get a reselution that everyone will agree too.
Posted Jan 11, 19
Fancy_Feast JR.MOD
Fancy_Feast @ Mega OPSB
Voted
Diamond
Gold
Redstone
Lapis
Personally i enjoy the new grinder. The old grinder was not maintained and the lag made it horrible for a lot of players. No matter what is done, someone will not be happy I understand that a lot of players donated to the old grinder, i donated as well. After Daniels said they were quitting, it was asked by many players "What will happen to /warp grinder?"

In comparison from old to new, the new grinder has less lag, much better design and has a lot of room for growth.
Posted Jan 11, 19
Poltradise o
Poltradise @ SMP2
Voted
Gold
Redstone
Lapis
Iron
If lag was the issue though, why hasnt volcano been moved? Lag there is much worse than the old grinder lag. The only reason the old grinder was lagging is due to the villagers, Daniel was willing to remove them but he wasn't formally asked. We can't kill the villagers due to them not being considered animals to container trust doesnt give us access to killing them, Daniel cant change that, and even if Daniel did quit, he should've been able to keep his good name and the good he did for the community with his grinder that he worked so hard on. Yes someone will not be happy either way, but in this case, there's a large number of unhappy people, as we weren't given a say in the matter to begin with.
Posted Jan 11, 19 · OP
List
Undo
NortherLights Bedrock
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Voted
Bedrock
Obsidian
Emerald
Diamond
Gold
as far as the villagers goes me and banana have actually been talking about it i do have a way to contact him and we was going to move those spawners to a small area that a player had trust on to deal with them. all the other part of the grinder kinda takes care of itself. and honestly the grinder isnt that well designed someone said in chat a little bit ago that the new vindicator grinder is broke already. didnt check that out for myself but i did see a few lone ones that had fell out so my guess would be they started stacking there. but as i said i dont agree with the players not being asked or even told about it. i didnt know about it untill a few had said something. but as we said before why not have a warp at both and let the ppl go to the one they want? i mean there isnt a limit on the amount of warps a server can have. basicly it just got moved. why cant we have one at each? why does there have to only b one /warp grinder?
Posted Jan 11, 19 · Last edited Jan 11, 19 by NortherLig...
Daresiel HELPERBedrock
Helper
Voted
Bedrock
Obsidian
Redstone
Iron
Hello, and thank you all for the feedback!

As Fancy_Feast mentioned, the new grinder warp was moved to improve the server. Yes, we are aware that people depended on the old /warp grinder to get to some of their homes, which myself, or many other people are willing to teleport them to the old grinder, to reach that home again. Even if it takes a while...

We do appreciate Daniel's hard work, though as Performium continues to develop and grow, we look to changing things, to better improve the server as much as possible! On that note, we also apologize that people weren't notified prior, to gather their things, and as mentioned previously, we are more than happy to teleport those who aren't able to, back to the old grinder as needed until players are satisfied.

Lastly, there is some exciting new features with this new grinder. Believe it or not, I wasn't the only one who designed it.
  • The grinders are spread far enough apart that the mobs do not all spawn at once, reducing lag.
  • Slimes are available!
  • Soon enough there will be enderman mobs.
  • A shopping district is currently being designed, where players are able to claim different portions, and open up their shops at the grinder. Each plot will be free!
  • Each grinder has over 40 spawners per grinder, so even though there won't be mobs when you first approach a grinder, fret not! They'll stack easily.

Hopefully this can be a nice change for SMP2, and though we understand players are upset as of now, we're looking to the future of SMP2, and Performium all together. Each of you are extremely valued, and I, personally, have enjoyed getting to know you all.

Once again, we do apologize for not notifying in advance, and I'll see what I can do about helping others back to the old warp grinder, to do as they need.

Also no worries, I'll fix up the evokers / vindicators. Those tricky things!

Thanks for your understanding,
Daresiel
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to message me on Discord: Daresiel#0001
QHwgOBr.png
Posted Jan 11, 19
List
Undo
Fancy_Feast JR.MOD
Fancy_Feast @ Mega OPSB
Voted
Diamond
Gold
Redstone
Lapis
The old grinder was not maintained and the lag made it horrible for a lot of players.

I'm speaking as a player. I had asked them about the villagers the last time they were on and they saw no problem with them being there. I agree that Daniel did put a large amount of effort into the old grinder but so would anyone who constructed a public grinder, am i wrong? I was online when they announced they would be changing servers and would rarely be on if at all which caused a few problems since there were issues with 2 or 3 grinders that they did not fix until they got back on 2 weeks later.
wrote:
Yes someone will not be happy either way, but in this case, there's a large number of unhappy people, as we weren't given a say in the matter to begin with.

I've only seen two players really complain about the change. There was always the option to not have a warp grinder, if that offers any insight. I personally feel this was a smart move, in consideration to our large active MC community.
Posted Jan 11, 19
List
Undo
Poltradise o
Poltradise @ SMP2
Voted
Gold
Redstone
Lapis
Iron
There has been multiple people complaining, more than 2 in this forum alone Fancy_Feast (19709276) Along with screenshots of others complaining aswell.
and as said before, If lag was the main issue, why is volcano still a thing?
Yes we appreciate Daniel but new players wont get to know of what he did for the community this way.
and as Mefaloo said, player warps are discouraged and won't be allowed, so why should one that has already been established be allowed to change without a mass hearing?
Posted Jan 11, 19 · OP
List
Undo
NortherLights Bedrock
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Voted
Bedrock
Obsidian
Emerald
Diamond
Gold
its more then only two ppl having issues like most of the server is upset about it. just most dont know about the forums or dont have a strong enough internet to come and say anything themselves. but like i said multiple times and it gets ignored why not have a warp at both and let ppl go to whatever one they choose i cant even help ppl at the new one cause it would take forever for mobs to build up. i dont lag at the old grinder even tho i know some do. i have an op sword and it still takes me about 10 mins just to get enough mobs to help ppl after the change and i seen just how slow it is now i stopped helping. cause it would take all day to help the ppl that i helped in 10 mins before
Posted Jan 11, 19
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices