Main Forum

My thoughts about possibly resetting Smp 1

4 replies
Oceana_Sky YOUTUBER
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Gold
Hello everyone, players, admins, owners, and staff! After RGA's most recent video about the duped items, I feel like I should add in my thoughts about RGA's thoughts about resetting Smp 1.

I think that not just because of the duped items on Smp 1, I really think it would be a wise decision to reset Smp 1 for multiple reasons.

1. With the issues of lag and the corrupt chunks I noticed that over the past several months, the limited size went from 60 players to 20 players. When I noticed that this happened, many players moved to other servers such as Mega Smp and expected the same experience as Smp 1, (like having a hopper shop) and didn't get that. I will also add that Smp 1 is a very different server from Mega Smp. I love Mega Smp, but I felt that the players who really wanted to play on Smp 1 would play Mega Smp, not because of the close to Vanilla experience, but because they can't join the server they want to play on. It breaks my heart to see that players complain that either they cannot join the Smp 1 server or cannot do things on Mega Smp that can easily be done on Smp 1 (or ask for things to be changed on Mega Smp to be more similar to Smp 1). I also would like to address that many players may leave Performium completely if new players are not able to play on a server like Smp 1 with all the Op items. I know that an option to join the server that is full is to get a rank, however, like most smart players, new players would play on the server for a while before donating to achieve a prefix on the server to see if the player likes or dislikes the server.

2. I also think that there should be a reset, because of the lag issues and the corrupt world. I feel that it would be a wise idea to reset the server earlier rather than later. Here's why: a couple weeks ago, the world borders shrunk due to some issues with a few specific areas of the world. I think that closing the server now and starting off with a new world would be nice, because the development team can possibly download the current world and offer the world for players to download so they can keep their builds if they please. If the server continues to run the way it is, players who currently are on the server, may not be able to get their builds downloaded if the worlds get corrupted again.

3. I feel like the players on the server are trying their best to reach the baltop by having as many spawners as possible. I have no issue with that, but recently with all of the grinder and baltop competition, there has been a correlation between the number of private grinders increasing and the number of players who are able to join the server decreasing. I feel like a fresh start for everyone would allow some new players to join and maybe add in some additional rules to limit spawners in grinders. This would definitely allow some new properties to be added to the server to improve the experience.

I think I covered a lot here. As for the transition into a new server, I think that the server should give at least 1-2 week notice of when the server is closing. This way, players can record coordinates of their favorite builds and locations. So players can enjoy their builds in single player mode or use world edit to keep their builds. Another thing I would recommend is to have a way for players to transfer their OP items and additional claim blocks to the new server, Many players donated a bit to help keep the server running and it would disappoint players if they cannot use the same items from the old Smp 1.

I am also speaking about this due to the experience of OPSB. With the Addition of Mega OPSB and closing of OPSB, there has been huge improvements on the Mega OPSB experience versus the OPSB experience. Although there is the disappointment of the lack of spawners, the issues that OPSB had were not as bad on the Mega OPSB and I felt like the decision that the staff team made with the closing of OPSB was a wise choice for the Performium Network. New players were able to join and the older players were able to keep some of their OP items. I hope that the team does the same with Smp 1. I do see a pattern between the current condition of Smp1 and the condition the old OPSB server had right before it closed.

I hope that the Staff team keeps these things in mind, because I have been on the server for a while and these are things that I observed as a frequent player on the network. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Oceana*Sky
~Oceana*Sky
Posted Jan 11, 19 · OP
List
Undo
FlaxenYapper287 Bedrock
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Bedrock
Obsidian
Emerald
Diamond
Gold
Redstone
I personally totally agree with what you say about the issues being very similar to OPSB. With the decreasing server player cap, corrupt chunks causing shrinked world boarder the server is creating more and more issues every day.

I regualarly see staff have to explain why the cap goes down multiple times a day, similar thing with the boarder.

I think it's best that the server is ended ASAP simply because it is inevitable eventually and It's only getting worse as time goes on. Best to end it now with a good memory of it rather than have loads of issues the be forced to close it.
-Flax

Discord: FlaxenYapper287#1111
Posted Jan 11, 19
Mefaloo Bedrock
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Bedrock
Obsidian
Emerald
Diamond
Could not have said it better Flaxen! Shutting it down now would provide the least controversy and will keep the players happy. However I think people would enjoy seeing someting very very similar to SMP1, just a fresh start for everyone. So not to many changes to what it is now like what happened to MegaOPSB. I don't like that a spawner shop isn't available because I love having huge amounts of spawners as it has more of the "OP" feel to it, however I do understand the necessity of this change and don't think it should be reversed.
Signature machine broke.
Contact me on discord: Mefaloo#6987
Posted Jan 11, 19
List
Undo
Kriptiana HEAD-BUILDERMOD
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Builder app
Voted
Hello,

I'll ask about this, but I would fish to see more than few people's opinions of a possible reset and why it should be.

With regards,
Kriptiana.
Posted Jan 11, 19
List
Undo
Zasaran GoldenGooseBedrock
Zasaran @ Enchanted SMP
GoldenGoose
Bedrock
Obsidian
Iron
I think the reset should be done. To many issues in the server for it to last much longer anyways. My only opinion on it is it needs to be done asap if it is going to be done. I have stopped playing at this point because I don't want to spend hours on my build right now for it to disappear in a week. It is more frustrating to me wondering if/when the reset is coming vs having to start over. At least with starting over I can get back to playing without worrying if there is a reset around the corner.
Posted Jan 11, 19
List
Undo
NoticeNotices