Main Forum

how to fix armies and it's broken gimmick.

5 replies
Gold
the armies server was a great server, it was unique hard to live on and best of all everyone had an equal chance to get good without older players slaughtering them. notice that i said was. the diamond generator on armies has ruined the entire point of armies! the fun, unique, and challenging playing of armies was removed when you no longer had to battle and search for gear - just camp the gen to get a god set now!.. you no longer have fun challenging fights, it is just whoever gets the first few hits to take your health down to probably below half. the diamond generator has also ruined the individual armies because before - on the first armies generation - each army had it's own 'element' that it was proud of! lava was producing cobble when working with water (which was an army that quickly died because you only need two buckets to make inf water), the grass army produced animals - but now the whole world is green...... there where many unique and exciting things to do back in those days, but now that there is a diamond generator that skips all progression and armies, the entire uniqueness of the server is ruined. this is me giving my opinion on what i think should be done, an armies server wipe and removal of the diamond generator to renew the challenging, unique, fun play-style that is armies. the "super-flat world ... with NO RESOURCES"... i don't know what others think but i think that simply taking a step back in this way would bring back the uniqueness of armies and make it much more fun....
there is a poll below to vote on removing, or keeping, the diamond generator
keep it!
3 votes
42.9%
remove it!
4 votes
57.1%
Number of voters: 7
Posted Jan 10, 19 · OP · Last edited Jan 10, 19 by sl1ndy
Obsidian
yes, we gotta get to era 1 again.
Posted Jan 10, 19
List
Undo
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Gold
I 100% agree we need to make things rare on armies again. Now of days people just camp out of enderchests and not build bases or vaults. And now you can get a gset in a couple hours. Also armies are little more then factions these days and only one or 2 armies are even still active. I only played the first armies for a bit before it was reset but I love the idea of each army having their own resource. Today's armies is little more then a no claims dirt faction server. As the player numbers show armies has lost its soul and is only a shadow of what it once was. With old players and armies being but legends and stories to most players now of days. We need to bring back old armies.
Posted Jan 11, 19
List
Undo
Daresiel HELPERBedrock
Helper
Voted
Bedrock
Obsidian
Redstone
Iron
I personally enjoy the idea, though the issue is that so many players do have diamond sets already. It would be a gradual decrease before the items become rare.
That being said, I do think it's a nice idea. Hopefully the poll goes well for you!

Many thanks,
Daresiel
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to message me on Discord: Daresiel#0001
QHwgOBr.png
Posted Jan 11, 19
List
Undo
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Gold
I think that this is more about reseting the server to how it used to be rather then just removing the gen on this armies
Posted Jan 11, 19
Gold
yes, what i mean is that i think the server was nearly perfect in it's uniqueness but now it is quickly devolving into any old factions server but without claims... i recommend that the gen is removed, and now that i think about it the world borders also need to go so that the nether and end are more important, i want the OG armies but with a /kit of lava, grass, ice, etc.. for the different army leaders so that it is more sustainable and it will be THEIR OWN FAULT if their resource is so spread out to the server it is no longer valuable, instead of like what happened to my army when rga just decided to put down an infinite lava block at spawn even though im the leader and i dont particularly want my entire armies claim to power to be placed for everyone to have (same reason i think the nether army is stupid).
so TLDR
i want each army leader to have a /kit of their resource (and for the armies in general to only be the most basic types like grass, lava, water, etc not nether), but with a cool-down, i want no diamond generator, i want a hard reset except the BASIC army leaders so that in the end the server is what it was popular for but with some extra longevity in the form of each army leader's /kit.
Posted Jan 11, 19 · OP
NoticeNotices