Main Forum

Playing with peoples attention spans to scam money?

3 replies
MischievousSnow
MischievousSnow @ SkyBlock 2K18
Lapis
Iron
I noticed none of the prefixs have any sort of detail anywhere as to what you get with them. Come to find out later on you can get commands with them, commands you can purchase separately. And you clearly mention separate purchases are non-refundable, I find that funny, lets say this for example, global commands altogether cost 61$, let's say obsidian gives you all those commands (under assumption as no where does it say what these prefixes include), you're paying 120$ + anything you spent on commands you may have already purchased along with some black text next to your name. Pretty astounding, right? Smooth move guys, your playerbase consists of younger players who would doubtfully even notice. If I am wrong, and there is more to it, then please correct me, but as far as I can see, and as far as I would know without consulting others who have purchased prefixes. Prefixes give me nothing and I should buy the commands separately, costing me about 150% more than it should in the end, giving you massive profit off of a product already sold. The scam that is technically not a scam but still scams... Reputable games and services provide discounts in their packs, with the information provided to us all I can see is you're paying MORE for a pack, a lot more than if you were to buy separately. If I am wrong, once again, this could have been prevented with a simple detail of what each prefix contains.

[Disclaimer]Please be aware before trying to shut me down on this post, it is your fault for not providing necessary details. I am working with the information I have been given by YOUR team.
Posted Jan 10, 19 · OP · Last edited Jan 10, 19 by Mischievou...
Dislike
List
Undo
ThatGuyJaff Bedrocko
Bedrock
Obsidian
Emerald
Diamond
Gold
Redstone
I do think they should add an area that shows what commands you get with a prefix although apparently they can't which I doubt that most likely they can but can't be bothered too
Posted Jan 10, 19
List
Undo
Untagged users
I'm pretty sure they have stated somewhere that there was a reason that there isn't a list of what you get with the packages. Maybe it was on the discord. It may have something to do with Minecraft's EULA
Posted Jan 10, 19
Mefaloo Bedrock
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Bedrock
Obsidian
Emerald
Diamond
Hello!

First of all I agree, they should revamp the "prefixes", make them cheaper and more available to players who do not pay. However making these so called "prefixes" cheaper presents us with another problem, users that have already bought prefixes will get the same thing as people who buy newer prefixes for cheaper leaving them with having paid too much for a product that decreased in price drastically after they bought it. I think players who already have a prefix should be secluded, for example have cooler colors on tab and get points in return equal to or maybe half the price they paid more than that the newer equivalent costs.

As far as the list goes I can only inform you that making a list not being allowed is mentioned nowhere doesn't mean that it's allowed, it's not, you can't publish a list of commands that come with prefixes. Why are there no official commands/perks noted on the site? As earlier said by DigitalMisfit, that would be a violation of the EULA (End User License Agreement) and the Commercial Usage Guidelines. Click spoiler to see how the Commercial Usage Guidelines forbid selling anything that fits in a Pay To Win environment (This is only a part of the page).
Spoiler: Commercial Usage GuidelinesShow

Publishing such list as server would cause your server to be blacklisted and thus have no players.

If you have any more questions regarding this topic or any other topic feel free to ask me.
~ Mefaloo
Signature machine broke.
Contact me on discord: Mefaloo#6987
Posted Jan 10, 19
List
Undo
NoticeNotices