Main Forum

Armies is dying

9 replies
Gold
Armies is dying because of a glitch that allows people to make shop chests. You may think shop chests are harmless but they allow players to make unraidable chests to store items in it. If any staff are reading this I beg you remove these before they kill armies. A pvp server is not fun if people can't get raided. Please fix this.
Posted Wed at 04:41 pm · OP
List
Undo
c0de o
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Voted
Redstone
Lapis
Iron
This is probably a bit of an oversight in the chest shop plugin itself, but I totally see where you're coming from.
Make the chest shop for say dirt, and then fill it with everything except dirt, since it's a normal chest.
The shop would be "sold out", but a full inventory of stuff
And because it is a shop, it can only be destroyed by the owner/admins
Posted Wed at 04:47 pm · Last edited Wed at 16:48 by c0de
List
Undo
FlaxenYapper287 Bedrock
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Voted
Bedrock
Obsidian
Emerald
Diamond
Gold
Redstone
Man that sucks. I have had similar issues on skyblock when someone else on the island has created and chest they then leave the island and the chest because indestructible! This is the kind of thing that ruins a game I suggest you DM Steda or Mtotho on discord as they are the most likely to be able to deal with it.
-Flax

Discord: FlaxenYapper287#6919
Posted Wed at 04:52 pm
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Lapis
I don’t think Armies is dying specifically due to shops. In fact many are not able to even make a shop chest due to the economic standpoint. That being said, I have already sent a request to make them raidable. I have no clue if it has gone through so I will take this opportunity to state it again! I would love to see shop chests being raidable through means of explosions aka creepers,endcrystals, ghasts. Not only will this allow people to sell stuff, but create opportunity to steal things through not just an easy break of a chest.
Posted Wed at 05:07 pm
List
Undo
Obsidian
Gina,
you literally found out about the chestshop thing and used it for a few months and never told anyone... you have been abusing the glitch and now that people have found out about the chestshop glitch you want it gone.
~also play on the map plox
Posted Fri at 03:20 am
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Lapis
Hit,
As I have said above, I have told multiple staff about the glitch "I have already sent a request to make them raidable", and have reported about it through means of discord and in game. No action has been taken against it and here I am providing a compromise to both keep the ability to sell items, and raid chest shops. Please do not take this as a way of me wanting all chestshops gone for personal gain. Not only will this benefit those whom want to use chestshops for making chests, yet it would make it possible to break. To expand on my reasoning for the idea, if it is only breakable through explosive devices/mobs, it will take time for a griefer who is just online to grief to figure out how to remove shops at spawn, and instead of destroying, they may use it instead. If you have any questions about my idea please feel free to dm me on Discord
~also no
Posted Fri at 11:31 am · Last edited Fri at 11:31 by GinaPotato
Obsidian
~pls play on map i beg
Posted Fri at 05:48 pm
MacTh3Mac aADMINDEVELOPER
Level 4
LEVEL 4
Shop Plugin removed

Thanks for pointing this out
Posted Fri at 07:29 pm
List
Undo
FlaxenYapper287 Bedrock
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Voted
Bedrock
Obsidian
Emerald
Diamond
Gold
Redstone
Mac to the rescue <3
-Flax

Discord: FlaxenYapper287#6919
Posted Sat at 01:48 am
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Obsidian
What is this? I started an actual shop by spawn with a great deal. It broke so I talked to a mod an was told to reset it. I recorded me breaking the chest to reset it and didn't get a refund. Remade the shop to help provide for the community. Than it got broken again because it was rolled back to a cobble monster. Now few days after its fixed its removed.

I understand the problem with them being unaidable. That being said shops added so much more to armies. without shops there is no economy. there are the new people that join and buy stuff from a few well off players that just hoard the money. Without shops there isn't an economy. Armies is limited to the amount of money each player has when they start its 100 bucks, doesn't say anywhere and most players are used to /sellhand to get money. Armies is currently going threw the same stages as the great depression. There isn't enough money to go around. Between the limited amount first started with and all the big players hoarding their money no one can make it on /ah.

Shops have been removed now there is even more money that will never make it back into the flow of the economy. It takes 10 players to make a shop, meaning only the 10% richest people could even make one shop. Its a really big grind if old shop owners aren't compensated I 100% understand why armies is dyeing again. As this is oddly similar to the old days of staff abuse.

With the shop problem everyone has pointed out perhaps make it so people can't store anything in the shop that can't be sold or bought. or even a special "stockpile" chest that shares an inventory of the shop and can be raided. As people don't have a problem with shops at spawn only the people using them as unraidable safes.

Also I would like to point out sense this "glitch" has been discovered there has only been one person to open a new shop away from spawn, I assume to use it as a safe. also please note it has been weeks possibly even a month or two.

I feel that this isn't as big of a problem as it seems, as in the old armies people lived out of their ender chest of shulker boxes. Maybe just limit the number of shops to 12 rather than 40 and the inventory space would be about the same as the old armies unreadableness.
Posted Sat at 03:38 am
List
Undo
NoticeNotices