Main Forum

Suggestions as a New Player

7 replies
Untagged users
Hello all Performium Players,
I'm new to this server, and I've been having the hardest time trying to find a place to thrive. At first, I realized that there was no /rtp or /warp wild. Which sucks because you have to take time to walk somewhere out of spawn. Then, once I'm out of spawn, there are abandoned house/claims everywhere. This makes it hard for us, new players, to play on this server.
If the server would do a reset, and wipe it clean, making it fresh, that would be amazing! Everyone start anew and people that have been there for years would probably be interested in it. (Unless they still enjoy what they have) Also a RTP would be very helpful to get out of spawn.

Thank you for reading this,
JayfireTheCat

P.S. Doni is not a duck. Doni is an owl.
P.P.S RGA is a goose!
:)
Posted Sep 13, 18 · OP · Last edited Sep 13, 18 by JayfireThe...
List
Undo
Mefaloo Bedrock
Mefaloo @ Mega OPSB
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Bedrock
Obsidian
Emerald
Diamond
The players have chosen not to have RTP so bases are built close to spawn preventing claims all over the map,
If there are claims all over the map you can’t make any big bases/claims. Usually new players stay for about a week and then go innactive for whatever reason. I tried to start a village tpaing new players out of spawn near my base about 1 month ago on SMP2 and every inhabitant already has gone innactive or has quit so I can’t expand to that side anymore which I had chosen for when I was making the place. If RTP would be a thing I’d perhaps have claims all arround my base making it impossible for me to expand to any side thanks to new players their bases that went innactive almost directly.
Posted Sep 14, 18
Gold
Redstone
Lapis
agree i actually really like that not many ppl live near me, and a /rtp would change that, and make my experience worse, also i like that there are unclaimed places out there cos i like to find treasure.. so resetting would reset that long lost creeper spawner,
Posted Sep 14, 18
Voted
Iron
A /rtp command would indeed be useful for new players, however there are many helpful players within the server who would happily do a /tpahere command to put you into the wild.

As for resetting the server, i disagree, there are many players within the server who have spent a very long time building, and they would not like that all to be destroyed. Some of these players would quit, as some have spent months, and even years to make their base look amazing. However, if there was a plugin that would reset unclaimed land every week or so, that would be amazing, as unclaimed land would not have bases, random tall structures, hollowed out areas, traps, etc, to get in the way. If there was some sort of plugin that would do this, that would be amazing. However, the resets would have to not be at a short interval such as 1 day, as players would be able to have claims completely emptied out, and have essentially free ores on the side of the claim. Alternately, If unclaimed bases would reset after two weeks, on top of the two months to unclaim, that would be interesting..

You have a good idea JayfireTheCat, however it would help new players, and cause a lot of older players to leave.
Posted Sep 14, 18 · Last edited Sep 14, 18 by Sam2915
List
Undo
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Untagged users
SMP2 I much smaller than the other smp server. I believe that the border is around 8k-10k only. /rtp isnt necessarily needed, as you can walk around the whole world in a shorter amount of time
If you have any questions feel free to pm me :d

-Yuki-
Posted Sep 14, 18
List
Undo
Untagged users
YukinaRose wrote:
SMP2 I much smaller than the other smp server. I believe that the border is around 8k-10k only. /rtp isnt necessarily needed, as you can walk around the whole world in a shorter amount of time
You're right. Also there is usually at least one Gold or higher rank out there. I also know one gold (and Some others) who are doing a project called "Forest" in wich they tp a new player to a forest where they can build their base.
Posted Sun at 09:22 am
List
Undo
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Voted
Gold
SMP2 sounds like a wonderful community... please keep a heads up for new players... help them out and gg on the "forest" project!
Posted Sun at 12:25 pm
Gold
Redstone
Lapis
well i see smp2 as a little family, i obv dont mind helping new players but i once helped one near my house that i was making a Project he destroyed all the sand and trees (that i placed) and ran away :( so if i help them its a little further from my home, so the system we have here by gold onwords doing the tping is a better system for us
Posted Mon at 10:30 am
List
Undo
NoticeNotices