Main Forum
Page
of 2

Silk touching spawners.

11 replies
Untagged users
Hello my friend.. ;')
I am wondering if the server devs can make it so we can use silk touch instead of tnt to pick up spawners...
This would be a lot easier for many players.
Thank you.
Posted Mar 12, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Untagged users
Omg grrreeeaaaat idea
Posted Mar 13, 18
Mefaloo Bedrock
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Bedrock
Obsidian
Emerald
Diamond
I also think this is a good idea because of grinders, removing these spawners either takes long or you risk loosing spawners. I have a good suggestion to include with this, don’t let the spawners drop when they are broken, let them go into the player who breaks the spawner’s inventory. This could help agains stealing(which would honestly be your own fault but still) and despawning spawners. Also when breaking down grinders this prevents your precious spawners from falling into the lava because noone wants to block off their grinder to remove one or two spawners. Another issue with tnt is that it destroys the surrounding area.
Posted Mar 14, 18 · Last edited Mar 14, 18 by Mefaloo
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Untagged users
I'm pretty sure ranks can already do that.
Best regards,

MiningWesley2K
Posted Mar 14, 18
Dislike
List
Undo
Mefaloo Bedrock
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Bedrock
Obsidian
Emerald
Diamond
Only on specific servers.
Posted Mar 15, 18
JGuerndt MOD
Level 3
LEVEL 3
wrote:
... Another issue with tnt is that it destroys the surrounding area.
As far as SMP1, the spawners I tested on yesterday with tnt - only the spawners blew up and dropped, no blocks were touched. I tested this on my claim with /claimexplosion toggled to allow explosions. I tested above and below sea level (at y50 and at y70).
Posted Mar 15, 18
Untagged users
JGuerndt wrote:
wrote:
... Another issue with tnt is that it destroys the surrounding area.
As far as SMP1, the spawners I tested on yesterday with tnt - only the spawners blew up and dropped, no blocks were touched. I tested this on my claim with /claimexplosion toggled to allow explosions. I tested above and below sea level (at y50 and at y70).
But blowing up spawners above sea level doesn't work, is that correct?
Posted Mar 15, 18 · OP
JGuerndt MOD
Level 3
LEVEL 3
wrote:

If unclaimed, you will need to claim the area, /claimexplosion, place then light tnt, then /unclaim after picking up dropped spawners - this has always been the procedure for above sea level spawner pick up.
Posted Mar 15, 18
Untagged users
JGuerndt wrote:
wrote:

If unclaimed, you will need to claim the area, /claimexplosion, place then light tnt, then /unclaim after picking up dropped spawners - this has always been the procedure for above sea level spawner pick up.
Ah ok, so only in claimed areas it works above sea level
Posted Mar 15, 18 · OP
JGuerndt MOD
Level 3
LEVEL 3
with /claimexplosion toggled to where it says "This claim is now vulnerable to explosions"
Posted Mar 15, 18
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices